I’m honored to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Upasna Mattoo at LIVE OUT LOUD! Thank you — I always enjoy reading your blog, and am looking forward to connecting more.
The goal of the Liebster Award is to help generate attention toward new and upcoming bloggers; typically those with 200 followers or less. I will nominate 10 other bloggers once I’ve given it a bit more reflection. In the meantime, here are my answers to the questions I was asked:
1. What’s the best adventure you’ve ever had? Traveling through Sicily must have been one of the very best adventures I’ve had. My husband and I took a ferry from Rome to Palermo then took trains around the island. We saw Mt. Etna from Taormina, ancient Greek temples in Agrigento, and wandered through food markets in Catania.
2. Where do you see yourself in ten years? Doing lots of writing, working one on one with coaching clients, playing the piano and organ, hiking, and traveling.
3. If you were an animal, what would you be? Definitely a cat. They are experts at being present and perceptive. They engage in lots of sleep, cuddling, playing, exploring their environment, and deep observation.
4. What’s the one food you can’t live without? Dark chocolate. In Modena, Sicily, I went to a chocolate shop with hundreds of kinds of exotic chocolates including 99% chocolate.
5. What is your life motto? Be present.
6. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten? I’m not sure what this would be. Probably calamari.
7. If you could go back and visit any time period, what time would you travel to and why? It would be hard to beat meeting Jesus. Meeting Sappho, Shakespeare, or Lincoln would also have been amazing experiences.
8. Name a gift you will never forget. My husband is the most thoughtful gift-giver. He once gave me a yoga membership to Om Yoga in New York. Another year he gave me a weekend NY Times subscription because it made for a leisurely Sunday afternoon. For our fifth anniversary, he gave me two books of organ music–German/Austrian and Portuguese/Spanish.
9. What is your biggest addiction? Caffeine. I’m working on breaking my adrenaline addiction and being content with a half-cup of coffee rather than two cups. Peacefulness is so much more relaxing.
10. Where do you see yourself in ten years? See #2. I will add to my answer: being of service–in my career, through volunteer work, and to my family.